Wednesday, November 14, 2007

What's Been Happening?!

'Howdy' (as they say in the South)... just thought I would shout out to everybody since it's been so long since I have posted. I have been trying to keep up with my self imposed reading list... it's been quite hard though... why you ask????

Well it's the fault of those AnimationMentor.com folks and their continued barrage of helpful resources! *grin*... and well, I've been going to the movies as well...Being that I live in the burbs of a major US city, Atlanta..... I was one of the most fortunate ones to be able to go see the new documentary by Leslie Iwerks entitled "The Pixar Story"... actually, I went to see it twice... it was that good! *grin*

And of course, I had to go see the "Bee Movie" as well *grin* I think that you can tell that Jerry Seinfeld was behind the ideas for the script... with observations of life...but from a bee's point of view...very much like his TV show I think.

And of course there is the DVD of "Ratatouille" that has recently arrived in stores in the US. I think that it has moved to the exalted position as being my most favorite animated picture of all time. Everything was great about it... the story, the pacing, the look, the animation (of course!).... just everything!


Now, about those AnimationMentor.com folks~~~~ and their Barrage of Information!
So... I don't know if you are aware of it yet... but they have been posting a newsletter each month since back in 2005. You can subscribe to it for free by going to their website at www.animationmentor.com although... you have to have cookies enabled for it to work.



AnimationMentor.com has recently joined forces with a couple of other web education outlets. They are now official sponsors for "The Animation Podcast" and "The 11secondclub" And if you sign up for the AM newsletter you'll get the added benefit of one more podcast from The Animation Podcast folks especially made just for AnimationMentor readers.


As a sponsor, AM will be giving critiques to the contest winner of the 11secondclub each month... but better yet... mere mortals can see the critiques as well... THAT ROCKS~
After seeing the first critique on line... I feel like the luckiest person in the world... The critiques look even better than I had imagined!!!!

I can't wait till my classes start in January! *grin*

No comments:

CHECK OUT OTHER AM BLOGS HERE!

Powered by WebRing.