Monday, January 21, 2008

102



So... Another week at the ol' AM *grin*
It was a fabulous week!...
On Monday I was able to attend a Welcoming Q&A hosted by none other than Shawn Kelly himself... Saaaaweeeeet!!!!!
A really nice guy... I mean, really nice! The event was supposed to last an hour and a half... but instead he stuck around for a whole lot longer... like an hour or more longer. In the Q&A 'rooms' there is an area to send chat messages out to the rest of the group... the room was so filled with folks, excited... and typing away... it was like a speed reading session just trying to keep up with what everyone was saying.... That was until Shawn stepped into the room :D It was a fun session, being able to ask him industry questions, and questions on how he animates, and of course... questions on Fried Chicken;)
You can check out some great regular tips from Shawn Kelly in the AM monthly newsletter... to subscribe just check out the AM site... www.animationmentor.com .... and join in on receiving their newsletter... it's in the lower left hand corner on their main page... just remember to allow cookies or else it won't 'take'
Also... don't forget to check out 11secondclub.com for the monthly sponsored AM critique... this month it features Mark Behm :D of PDI/Dreamworks!

By Tuesday evening I sat in on the Techy Q&A hosted by Kevin Freeman, it's a weekly Q&A held in the event that students have technical questions about any of the projects that they are working on... Kevin seems like one really smart guy... currently he works as a Sr. Technical Animator for Sony Pictures Imageworks... very cool!


So our first assignment of the week was to put 'Stu' into a pose. We were to go out into the public realm and draw folks just hanging out, or whatever. I hit up a coffee shop, bookstore, and karate place. I felt a little like a stalker... but I managed to get a few decent poses. I decided to do one from the coffee house. Actually I started doing one pose, then I changed my mind on it after I had gotten some feedback... after I had already been posing Stu.... so I spent a lot of time posing Stu this week... All in all it was a good thing.... I feel much more comfortable with his controllers... and I think that the more posing I do... all the better. But for this week.... I've posted some sketches for my poses up early... so I'll hopefully make a final decision on 1 pose... and stick with it... no being shy about posting sketches this time around! I won't have the time to put Stu in more than one pose this week... cause we've got a basketball to animate ;)
So here is the final Stu pose that I did turn in :D


I do want to say a note of Thanks... if it hadn't been for the wonderful, Awesome community at AM... I never would have pulled off such a nice pose... everyone was so helpful in giving me feedback and advice... what can I say, but.... Y'ALL ROCK! :D Thanks for all of your time, and help... I really, really appreciate it!

No comments:

CHECK OUT OTHER AM BLOGS HERE!

Powered by WebRing.