Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Thinking about the Future


I've been thinking lately... Especially after seeing the latest AM reel...
about what I'd like for my short to maybe be like, and about all of the assignments along the way.

I know from previous experience at SCAD how easy it is to get caught up working on the wrong things when you are working on a project...getting caught up in making too many props, scenery and lighting such that you loose valuable time that you really need to spend animating.

I've noticed that with AM's new reel, just about every shot has a very finished/polished look to it. There are props, and backdrops, and fabulous lighting... it really does make it tempting to want to put the 'pazzaz' of all the 'extras' into ones shots.

And even regardless of all the pretty polish of the lighting and props... the animation, it's awesome... and the clever story ideas... not just for the shorts but for the assignments too... WOW!

It all makes me feel a little competitive, a little nervous... but I don't want to be either of these... I don't think it's a good idea to dwell to much on comparing oneself to others...

I need to stay focused... stay focused on what I can do... and how I can grow... and appreciate what progress I can make... Breathe Netty! Breathe!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you know.. this is exactly what I thought when I watched the reel.... I'm competitive in nature but really I'm competitive to myself, I critique my work to a point where sometimes I actually stop. take a step back and say to myself... OMG I'm turning into my father... . . . . ..

But hey... I'm starting in januar too :) I'm very glad that I found you... If you want to get to know me and stay in touch I'd love to.

Belf said...

Hey Net thanks for the comment! See you in January on AM - keep in touch!

CHECK OUT OTHER AM BLOGS HERE!

Powered by WebRing.